Barry Brody has practiced law in the State of Arizona since 1978, and exclusively in the area of family law for nearly 30 years. Mr. Brody specializes in complex family law cases, including divorce, legal separation and annulment. Mr. Brody also has extensive experience in mediation and arbitration, and has acted as a mediator, arbiter, and family law master in hundreds of cases.
Mr. Brody's primary areas of expertise are business valuations and goodwill calculations, real estate appraisals, stock options, retirement plans, employee benefits, and forensic searches. He has a comprehensive business background and accounting training that lends particular knowledge to large and complicated cases.
Mr. Brody often lectures and conducts seminars in various aspects of family law. He was the Co-Founder of the nationally recognized Arizona State Bar Family Law Institute where he is an annual presenter and frequent chair, and he is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Phoenix School of Law.
· Certified Family Law Specialist -- Mr. Brody has been certified by the State Bar of Arizona for more than 20 years. This designation reflects significant trial and settlement experience, and the passing of a rigorous examination. His recertification on three occasions required the showing of substantial continuing legal education, and ongoing peer review. There are presently 63 practicing Certified Specialists in Family Law in the State of Arizona. For more information about Certified Specialists, click Here.
· Fellow: American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers --This is a national organization comprised of the nation’s top family law attorneys who are designated as experts in the field. Mr. Brody is one of 21 practicing Fellows in the State of Arizona, and he is one of only 10 Fellows in the Phoenix area. He has been a past-President of the local Chapter, and a Fellow for more than 18 years. For more information on the AAML, click Here.
· Best Lawyers in America (Family Law and Family Law Mediation) -- This peer review publication of attorneys lists those deemed to be "outstanding" by fellow practitioners. Mr. Brody is one of 8 Phoenix attorneys listed in the Family Law Section, and only one of two Phoenix attorneys listed in the Mediation Section. He has also earned the exclusive designation of Lawyer of the Year (2011). For more information on Best Lawyers, click Here.
· Super Lawyers of the Southwest (Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution) -- This is a listing of attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Mr. Brody is one of 25 attorneys listed in the Family Law area, one of three Alternative Dispute Attorneys in the field of Family Law, and was listed as a "Top 50 Arizona Lawyer" (2010). For more information on Super Lawyers, click Here.
- Ten Leaders -- This is a peer rated listing of ten of the best family law attorneys in the Phoenix area based upon expertise, experience and integrity. For more information, click Here.
.· Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers -- Mr. Brody is listed in this national publication of peer reviewed family law attorneys having reached preeminence in their field. Click Here for Bar Registry.
· A-V Rated by Martindale Hubbell -- Mr. Brody is in this national registry of attorneys indicating the highest level of expertise and ethical achievement.
· Marquis Who’s Who in American Law -- This is a national publication of eminently qualified attorneys. Mr. Brody has been listed for more than 25 years.
- "Superb" Rated by Avvo -- This national peer and client evaluation and referral base has given Mr. Brody its highest ratings. Click Here for more information.
Memberships and Associations
· Judge Pro Tempore (Temporary trial judge) -- Maricopa County Superior Court (Family Court Division)
· Judges and Commissioners Family Law Study Committee -- Member
· Family Law Certification Advisory Committee -- Member
· Executive Council of Family Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona -- Member and Past Chair
· Family Law Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association --Member and Past Chair
· Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Procedure for Domestic Relations Cases -- Past Member
· Arizona Guide for Family Practice -- Co-Author
· Divorce and Children’s Handbook -- Editor
· B.S. Accounting (with High Distinction) -- Arizona State University (1975)
· J.D. -- Pepperdine University School of Law (1977)